11 WAYS TO STAY FIT AND STILL HAVE TIME FOR YOUR MANY OTHER ACTIVITIES
- Take the kids for a walk or . If their pace is too slow, add some walka jumppies, hip-lifting and double-taping in other to improve all the sides.
- If you’ve got a young sports enthusiast in the family, play along. Shooting baskets and kicking a soccer ball around the yard are great ways to get your heart pumping. Thirty minutes of cardio training are recommended, but even five to 10 minutes will elevate your energy and speed your metabolism.
- Get into some vigorous sweeping, mopping, or vacuuming. These types of housekeeping chores can burn a significant number of calories.
- Pull young children in a wagon through the neighborhood. Or give them a ride in a jogging stroller.
- Let little children ride bicycles or tricycles while you jog behind.
- We’ve all heard the benefits of taking the stairs instead of the elevator. Everything you’ve heard is true.
- Likewise, getting off the bus or subway a stop or two before your destination on a regular basis adds up to a lot of heart-healthy walking.
- Do yoga or Pilates while you, or the kids, unwind in front of a movie. While watching TV, do push-ups or sit-ups during commercials. Even one per commercial during a two-hour movie can give you some good exercise.
- In a sedentary job, take your breaks outdoors and have a brisk, short walk. You’ll also improve your concentration and mood.
- Regular dance will be very helping, or do aerobics at home. No one is watching, anyway. If you like, include the little ones and turn it into a game.
- Always do some stretching or light yoga moves while talking on the phone, listening to the news, or while dinner is cooking.