Oluwatosin Oluwole Ajibade known as Mr Eazi, in a chat on Beat FM’s Morning Rush show spoke about some of the difficulties he faced before the spotlight finally found him.
- The singer said he ditched a lucrative job in the oil and gas sector.
- He also sold phones at Computer Village, in Ikeja, Lagos.
- “After I came back from Ghana, I got a job in oil and gas in Port Harcourt that paid about six thousand dollars per month ($6,000) but I quit because I was not finding fulfillment in it.”
- “…The decision to quit the job finally hit me when my boss’ wife left him even with all the money he had.”
- “After I left my job, I got my Master’s degree and with all that qualification I started selling phones in computer village and everyone thought something was wrong with me.”
- “My break finally came after I got an invite to do two shows in London that made me twelve thousand pounds (£12,000) which I used to shoot two videos. When I told my mother what I did with the money she stopped talking to me for about three weeks.”
- When asked how much he charges per show, the singer said his benchmark is N10 million.
SOURCE: The Bloomgist/YNaija/Tweeter