According to UNCONFIRMED reports reaching Bloomgist, men dressed in Nigerian Army Uniforms have killed over 6 school children in Ozubulu, Anambra state.
Acoordinator to a resident, them military men who arrived in Army vehicles entered school with immunization boxes, forcing every child to be injected and beating up teachers and students who fail to comply with the excersise.
A source who spoke to Bloomgist on the phone after getting an assurance to stay anonymous state:
The military men came with two military hilux vans, telling everyone to come to be injected, but when Pepe tried to run away out of fear, they were forced back.”
Another residence of Ozubulu who reached out to us via Whatsapp state:
“As I’m chatting with you now, the whole area is under fire, people running for safety without being sure of where they are running to because the army men are positioned almost in every junction.”
All the effort by the Bloomgist to contact the Police Public Relation office in Anambra were not successful as the calls were neither picked up or returned.
No cause for alarm, NMA
Bloomgist has obtained a statement from the NMA saying that the who story is all but rumour spread out of fear and panic by residents of the state. Read below:
*UPDATE ON THE PANDEMONIUM IN PARTS ANAMBRA STATE*
I have authentically confirmed from the intelligence services that:
1. There was actually a scheduled medical outreach Programme by the Nigerian Army;
2. Such Programmes are routinely done after every military exercise in communities e.g. Operation Python Dance;
3. That the Council Chairmen and Traditional Rulers of concerned communities were duly informed;
4. But, it appears that to information was not adequately disseminated to the citizenry;
5. That soldiers were only setting up the sheds and stands for the exercise when some individuals concocted the rumors of an ulterior motive and began disseminating the false alarm;
6. That the false alarm led to considerable panic and confusion in the whole State now -Awka, Nnewi, Ozubulu, Onitsha, etc;
7. The Military has therefore been advised to suspend the Outreach Programme immediately in order to calm frayed nerves;
8. The State Government will soon make a public broadcast to dispel the rumour and properly explain what happened.
On my side, I am still collating information from the footmen that have been sent to the field by NMA ANAMBRA State. If what we collate vary from the official version from what I got from the intelligence agencies, I shall give out the update.
*_Chair, NMA ANAMBRA State Branch_*
More details coming…