Italy arrests over ‘iron bars attack on Gambians’
Police in Italy have arrested seven people suspected of involvement in an incident last month in which a group of young African migrants were beaten and racially abused.
Those arrested include two women. The migrants, six Gambians who are under 18, were attacked with iron bars and baseball bats by a group of people who used their cars to stop the vehicle in which they were travelling back to their reception centre.
It reportedly followed an earlier altercation near a beach to the west of Palermo in Sicily.
Share this story
Write for Bloomgist
More on Bloomgist
- I’m yet to get National Assembly nod on 2019 budget, says Buhari
- ASUU Strike: Lecturers and FG enters another meeting
- EFCC opens up on raid on Atiku’s sons’ apartment
- ‘My babies are dying’: children trapped inside crisis in CAR – in pictures
- Okorocha’s Son-In-Law rejects him, dumps APC
- Buhari support Group dumps APC, declare support for Atiku
- Tension as protesting staff evict National Assembly lawmakers
- Breaking: Dozens killed as violence break out in Cross Rivers
Photo of the week: inside Chanel’s rose garden
‘This is not a war. It’s a massacre’: dozens killed in Syrian enclave
Assad regime uses barrel bombs and attacks hospitals in rebel-held eastern Ghouta where dozens have been killed and thousands badly injured.
White House has become an adult day care center | Corker blasts Trump
Senator Bob Corker “begged” me to endorse him for re-election in Tennessee. I said “NO” and he dropped out (said he could not win without, hence, I would fully expect Corker to be a negative voice
We are hiring
Work with the smartest and most creative team, join Bloomgist
EDITORIAL: Buhari is tribalist, period.
Buhari is no nationalist, but a tribalist whose interest is first and foremost to those belonging to the same Fulani tribe and the Islamic faith like himself.