Your Independence Day food is shrimp curry sauce
As the country celebrate its 58 years of freedom from their colonial masters, a lot of activities which we have been following have been going on, and we have been publishing couple of things to do today to enjoy the holidays, from movies to watch, to places to visit, now here is a special meal to relax at home with.
- 20-25 shrimps (peeled, devined and cleaned)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder (more as needed)
- 1 can (400ml) Coconut milk (Thai brand is my favorite)
- 1-2 maggi cubes
- Salt – to taste
- Place a skillet on medium high heat. Add in the oil. Stir in minced onion. Stir fry until the onion is wilted but not brown. Add in curry powder and turmeric. Stir fry for another minute.
- Add in coconut milk. Season with maggi and salt. Stir well.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in shrimps. Simmer for another 2 minutes.