African fashion excites Lagos
Models will be sashaying in Nigeria’s main city for the next few days for Lagos Fashion Week, which opened on Thursday night.
For the first time in eight years, the fashion show has expanded the number of designers from across Africa and will be featuring more than 50 of them.
One collection on Thursday, curated by the magazine publisher Betty Irabor, was about showcasing strength and confidence on the runway.
Share this story
Write for Bloomgist
More on Bloomgist
- I’ll sell NNPC, even if they’ll kill me – Atiku
- BREAKING: Buhari commits another blunder live on TV
- The dancing horses of Lagos beach
- What we Learnt From Buhari’s debate at #NgTheCandidates
- Nigerian soldier dies of Lassa fever
- Buhari explains why he wants another 4 years
- Does the age of consent push people to have sex too soon?
- I’m not Buhari, I keep all my Promises – Atiku
Photo of the week: inside Chanel’s rose garden
‘This is not a war. It’s a massacre’: dozens killed in Syrian enclave
Assad regime uses barrel bombs and attacks hospitals in rebel-held eastern Ghouta where dozens have been killed and thousands badly injured.
White House has become an adult day care center | Corker blasts Trump
Senator Bob Corker “begged” me to endorse him for re-election in Tennessee. I said “NO” and he dropped out (said he could not win without, hence, I would fully expect Corker to be a negative voice
We are hiring
Work with the smartest and most creative team, join Bloomgist
EDITORIAL: Buhari is tribalist, period.
Buhari is no nationalist, but a tribalist whose interest is first and foremost to those belonging to the same Fulani tribe and the Islamic faith like himself.