We want write it alone, but we have the best readers
The Bloomgist is reestablishing a Reader Center to capitalize on our readers’ knowledge and experience, using their voices to make our journalism even better. Our readers are among our greatest strengths, helping us to distinguish ourselves from all of our competitors.
Our readers (and listeners and viewers) can offer a wealth of story suggestions, insights, analysis, opinions and more. On our digital platforms and on social media, their voices amplify what we stand for: the power of information, ideas and debate to shape the world and inspire change.
Our Editor-in-Chief, Mike Ikenwa said;
“Our readers knows the story, most times more than us at the newsroom, and in many cases they want to be part of how the stories that matters to them are being published, so we are giving them the access to do that.”Mike Ikenwa
Our readers also hold us accountable, helping to ensure that we meet the standards of quality, fairness and accuracy that they expect from The Bloomgist.
Now, we are bulding even stronger bonds with our readers by establishing a Reader Center at The Bloomgist. We want to capitalize on our readers’ knowledge and experience, using their voices to make our journalism even better.
To deliver this, we are building a team that will partner with reporters, columnists and editors in the newsroom and in opinion on a range of projects, including:
- Improving how we respond directly to tips, feedback, questions, concerns, complaints and other queries from the public — whether they arrive through email, social media, posts on our own platforms or other channels.
- Helping to make sure that we are as transparent as possible in how we explain our coverage.
- Experimenting with new formats to reach out to and engage audiences.
- Broadening our efforts to allow readers to make their voices heard on our digital platforms about issues of the day.
- Assisting our journalists in building communities of readers who are interested in the subjects that they cover.
Now you can win amazing prizes by joining our readers who comment and share their opinions frequently on our stories.
There are rewards for the
- Most comments for the week:
a. Recharge cards, special mentions
- Most comments for the month:
a. Recharge cards
b. Free internet subscription for one month, or a dinner
- Most comment for the year:
a. Paid tour to an exciting place
b. Movie ticket
c. 2 Months internet subscription
To be part of this, start reading on The Bloomgist, and start commenting your opinion.
The Reader Center, based on the News Desk, will work across the newsroom and with opinion, and it will have close ties to colleagues in marketing, product and other parts of the company.
Read all the new articles inspired by our readers Here
Join the Reader Center on Facebook Here