MANCHESTER CITY are putting the finishing touches on their preparations for Wednesday night’s massive Champions League semi-final with Real Madrid. Continue reading Man City v Real Madrid: Ronaldo, Bale and Aguero prepare for showdown
There was drama today at the code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) in Abuja on Wednesday, April 20, between Orubebe’s lawyer, Larry Selekeowei, and Continue reading Confusion in court as judge abandons Orubebe’s case for Saraki
Hammers manager, Slaven Bilic, has been very keen to land the Nigeria striker, Continue reading West Ham completes signing of Emmanuel Emenike
Activists under the umbrella of Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) have refused to give up their fight for the actualization of Biafra and they have continued their protest for the release of their leader.
According to Bloom Gist’s Chinalu Precious monitoring their activisties in Onitsha, Anambra state, the group, today December 1, 2015 began another mass protest and they have paralysed activities in the commercial city of Onitsha.
Reports said they are currently at the Onitsha bridgehead protesting, totally blocking the River Niger bridge.
Vehicles coming from Onitsha and Asaba axes are reportedly on stand still also.
Soldiers are said to have placed barricade on the road, disrupting the agitators from crossing the bridge.
The IPOB members are causing a gridlock at the River Niger bridge.
Vehicles coming from Onitsha and Asaba axes are reportedly on stand still.
“We’re not broken up,” the 18-year-old reality star says on an upcoming episode of “The Ellen DeGeneres Show.”
A source connected to the couple says they’ve decided things would be better if they increase their personal space by living under separate roofs. Tyga moved out of Kylie’s house last week and into a rental in the Hollywood Hills.
We’re told the two felt they were together too much and they were concerned they looked more like a duo than individuals with their own careers. Kylie’s recent Australia trip became an issue, as they argued whether she should go solo or with Tyga.
A source close to Kylie says they never officially broke up, but the blow-up made them think — a little space could go a long way.
The new case which came after it was reportedly wiped out in September, was confirmed by Deputy Health Minister Francis Ketteh.
He told state broadcaster LBS the case was discovered in the Duport Road area of capital Monrovia and the patient has been admitted to an Ebola treatment unit. Officials are tracing those the patient has come into recent contact with.
The World Health Organization (WHO) also confirmed the case. “There is one confirmed case,” WHO spokesman Tarik Jasarevic said.
Thousands died at the height of the epidemic in the west African nation last year. Liberia was first declared free of Ebola in May but reemerged six weeks later and again in September.
The virus killed more than 4,800 in Liberia, according to the WHO. The agency reported more than 11,300 dead out of nearly 29,000 cases since the epidemic erupted in December 2013, mainly in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone.
Medecins Sans Frontieres recently announced the last known Ebola patient in Guinea had recovered. The country must have 42 days with no cases before being declared Ebola free. Sierra Leone was declared free of the virus earlier this month.
|For NSA Sambo Dasuki|
This information is contained in a statement issued in Abuja by the president’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina.
According to the statement, the committee which was inaugurated on Aug. 31, is yet to complete its work. But its interim report has unearthed several illicit and fraudulent financial transactions.
“As part of the findings, the committee has analysed interventions from some organisations that provided funds to the Office of the National Security Adviser, Defence Headquarters, Army Headquarters, Naval Headquarters and Nigerian Air Force Headquarters, both in local and foreign currencies,’’ it said.
It stated that so far the total extra budgetary interventions collated by the committee was N643.8 billion while the foreign currency component was $2.2 billion.
The report indicated that the amounts excluded grants from the state governments and funds collected by the Directorate of State Services and the Police.
The statement said the committee observed that in spite of this huge financial intervention, very little was expended to support defence procurement.
“The committee also observed that of 513 contracts awarded at 8,356,525,184.32 dollars; N2,189,265,724,404.55 and 54,000.00 euros; Fifty Three were failed contracts amounting to 2,378,939,066.27 dollars and N13,729,342,329.87 respectively.’’
According to the statement, the committee also noted that the amount of foreign currency spent on failed contracts was more than double the one billion dollars loan that the National Assembly approved for borrowing to fight the insurgency in the North East.
It stated that the committee also discovered that payments to the tune of N3.850 billion were made to a single company by the former NSA without documented evidence of contractual agreements or fulfillment of tax obligations to the Federal Government.
“Further findings revealed that between March 2012 and March 2015, the erstwhile NSA, Lt. Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd) awarded fictitious and phantom contracts to the tune of N2,219,188,609.50; 1,671,742,613.58 dollars and 9,905,477.00 euros.
“The contracts, which were said to be for the purchase of four Alpha Jets, 12 helicopters, bombs and ammunition were not executed and the equipment were never supplied to the Nigerian Air Force, neither are they in its inventory.
“Even more disturbing was the discovery that out of these figures, two companies, were awarded contracts to the tune of N350,000,000.00; 1,661,670,469.71 dollars and 9,905,477.00 euros alone.
“This was without prejudice to the consistent non-performance of the companies in the previous contracts awarded.
“Additionally, it was discovered that the former NSA directed the Central Bank of Nigeria to transfer the sum of 132,050,486.97 dollars and 9,905,473.55 euros to the accounts of Societe D’equipmente Internationaux in West Africa, United Kingdom and United States of America for un-ascertained purposes, without any contract documents to explain the transactions,’’ the statement said.
The statement noted that the findings made so far “are extremely worrying’’ considering that the interventions were granted within the same period that the nation’s troops fighting the insurgency in the North East were in desperate need of platforms, military equipment and ammunition.
“Had the funds siphoned to these non-performing companies been properly used for the purpose they were meant for, thousands of needless Nigerian deaths would have been avoided.
“Furthermore, the ridicule Nigeria has faced in the international community would have been avoided,” the statement said.
The committee noted with disappointment that those entrusted with the security of this great nation were busy using proxies to siphon the national treasury, while innocent lives were being wasted daily.
“In the light of these findings, President Muhammadu Buhari has directed the relevant organisations to arrest and bring to book, all individuals who have been found complicit in these illegal and fraudulent acts,’’ the statement concluded. (NAN)
It has been reported that Abaaoud had links to thwarted attacks on a Paris-bound high-speed train and church.
Belgiumj police have arrested seven people in Belgium suspected of links to the attacks and an international arrest warrant has been issued for a Belgian-born Frenchman who is still at large.
Meanwhile two more suicide bombers involved in the massacre of 129 people on Friday have been identified by the prosecutor’s office.
Samy Amimour, a 28-year-old charged in a terrorism investigation in 2012, blew himself up inside the Bataclan theatre on Friday night.
Prosecutors said he was from Drancy in northeast Paris and had been placed under judicial supervision but dropped off the radar and was the subject of an international arrest warrant.
Three people in Amimour’s family have been in custody since early on Monday.
Paris Attacks: A Sky News Tonight Special with Adam Boulton from 7pm
A suicide bomber who died outside the national football stadium was found with a Syrian passport with the name Ahmad al Mohammad, a 25-year-old born in Idlib.
The identity of the man in the passport has not been verified but the prosecutor’s office said fingerprints from the attacker match those of someone who passed through Greece in October.
It is claimed another suspect was questioned and released by police hours after the massacres.
Salah Abdeslam, 26, reportedly helped with logistics and rented a black Volkswagen Polo used by the gunmen who stormed the Bataclan concert hall and killed at least 89 people on Friday night.
He was apparently spoken to by officers on Saturday morning when they pulled over a car carrying three people near the Belgian border.
Police then checked Abdeslam’s ID and subsequently let him go, officials told the Associated Press.
ABUJA — The Supreme Court siting in Abuja, the Federal capital has stopped proceedings at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) pending the conclusion of an appeal filed by the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki at the Apex Court.
The prosecutor said this while urging the court not to grant a stay of proceedings.
He also asked for accelerated hearing, as not doing so will give room for an accused person to continue to delay his trial.
The Senate President had appealed to the Supreme Court against the October 30 judgment of the Court of Appeal, which affirmed the competence of the charges instituted against him and the jurisdiction of the CCT to try him.
Some lawyers who appeared for Saraki at the tribunal on November 5, stormed out of the courtroom in protest against a ruling of the CCT led by Justice Danladi Umar, rejecting their request to adjourn the trial indefinitely because of the pending appeal before the Supreme Court.
The tribunal chairman had adjourned till November 19 the trial, to enable Saraki to engage new lawyers.