Host The Camp in Your City
*Tips: TCO stands for The Camp Org.
Since launching in 2015, The Camp Org (TCO) has expanded to more than 4 cities in West Africa.
We have achieved this thanks to our incredible partners who bring together hundreds and thousands of professionals across 10 different countries each year.
As we continue to expand, we are looking for new partners who are interested in hosting The Camp in their city and being part of our global community.
Why should I host a The Camp in my city?
There are a variety of benefits to hosting The Camp in your city. A few to mention:
- Be part of a global community of organizers who are helping to shape the future of our society
- Shine a spotlight on the growing number of entrepreneurs and youths bringing opportunities to our communities
- Gain global recognition and credibility for your organization
- Develop valuable relationships with some of the most influential people in your industry
- Grow your community locally and expand your reach beyond your local market
How do I apply?
Step 1 – Initial Application: Fill out the initial application form below. If your responses meet our criteria (see section above), the TCO team will then reach out to you via the contact information you provided.
Step 2 – Host Organizer Brief: A document containing detailed information including audience expectations, programming, goals and more will be sent to you.
Step 3 - Approval & Fees: Once the licensing agreement is executed, the licensing fee must be paid in order for your TCO city to officially kickoff. Within two weeks of the fee being paid, your city will be listed in the TCO city directory on the global home page, at which point your team can begin to promote your event. Your team will be off to the races!
If you applied today and were approved (which takes about 1 week), the earliest that your organization would be able to host your TCO would be during a TCO period that is at least 3 months from now. If a TCO is 1 month away from today, it would be too soon for your organization to participate in it. Your organization would have to hold out until the next TCO.
What is the cost and what is included in the license fee?
The fee to secure the license to host The Camp for one year is $450 payable in advance or $550 if paid monthly. The fee includes:
- The Camp [City Name] logos and brand guidelines
- Listing in the TCO directory
- A digital toolkit with helpful hints, templates for signage and sponsor decks, along with other best practices on how to organize your The Camp event
- Promotion of your conference via global newsletter (35k subscribers), Facebook (20k) and Twitter (1k)
- Membership to TCO Organizers Facebook Group
- Invitation to attend The Camp West in Lagos in April 2021, the global edition of the conference
- Enterprise membership to The Camp Insider, including livestream access to flagship conferences
When can we host our The Camp event?
Your TCO event must take place during the 4 official editions:
- March 5-7, 2021
- Jun 4-6, 2021
- Aug 6-8, 2021
- Oct 19-21, 2021
If I apply today and my application is successful, when can my organization expect to host The Camp?
New cities are notified within 1 week after the application has been received. If the next edition of The Camp is less than three months away, your event would have to be approved for the following edition. We host four editions each year, which take place in March, June, August and November.
How long does my event need to be?
At a minimum, you are required to have Two (2) full day’s worth of programming, which means a minimum of 6 hours worth of any of the following types of formats: keynotes, debates, panels, workshops, classes, mixers, etc.
Can I host my TCO on my own website?
Your organization will need to source independently an event or scheduling software for your city’s TCO conference. Your team will also need built a microsite to present all of the schedule, speaker and benefits for the conference.
Can my organization sell tickets and sponsorships to The Camp?
Yes, The Camp cities are allowed to sell sponsorship and/or tickets to the event. Prices and deliverables are solely determined by your team. The global team will not intervene in these decisions. In addition, the global team will help you in determining best practices base on experience gained from hosting the main event in Lagos, Nigeria in the past 5 years.