Thank you for your interest in volunteering at The Camp 2.0. This whole event is organized, run, and taught by volunteers, so we cannot do this without you!
Similar to organizing and speaking, no previous experience is required to serve as a volunteer; just a willing and helpful disposition to make the event run smoothly.
Below we’ll outline a few areas of volunteering you can consider. Once you’ve found an area of interest, send complete the form at the bottom of this post, and we’ll email you when it’s time for one of our volunteer orientation calls happening later this year.
In general, the process to volunteer goes like this:
- Send in your information using the form below, to let us know you’re interested in volunteering
- Attend one of our orientation conference calls and be on the lookout for an email announcing those in July
- Sign Up to volunteer at a certain block of time. Instructions will be provided as part of those orientation calls
- Enjoy the event!
As a way of saying thank you for volunteering, we will send selected volunteers a code to register for The Camp 2.0 at no cost to you.
- General Helper / Runner: Answer attendees’ questions about the schedule, the venue, etc, Help direct traffic to the conference rooms. This is an ideal role for anyone who has not volunteered before
- Registration: Check in attendees and hand out name tags and swag
- Sponsors Liaison: Help sponsors check-in, setup, and assist them with any concerns or questions
- Happiness Desk: Help fellow entrepreneurs users with their business challenges at the event, this can be for either content assistance and possible some publishing assistance
Monitor: Ensure the room doesn’t get
overcrowded; prevent noise from the doors as people are entering and leaving
the room; serve as general point of contact for speakers, attendees and other
- Time Keeper: Work with the MCs, video people, speakers, and everyone else working in the room to keep things running on time!
- Mic Runner – during question and answer sessions, run the microphones around the room for attendees to ask questions.
- Green Room Monitor: Monitor the room where speakers and volunteers leave their belongings and help spread calm and give reassurance. One volunteer needs to be in this room at all times, so it can be a peaceful role!
- Lunch Ushers: Keep order in the dining halls!
- Contributor Day: General helpers, reception, swag preparation
- Signage: We will need a team of volunteers to put up signs around the venue (there will be breakfast and coffee, etc provided). At the end of The Camp on Sunday, we will need another flurry of activity to take down all the signage
- Photography: We love to showcase as much as possible and ideally want a few roving photographers to capture each talk and general feel of everything. Photographers will work with the Communications Team during the event and to upload pictures
- Social Media: To live tweet the events and post on Facebook and IG
- Tech/Video: To help with recording and editing of session videos to publish on our YouTube Channel
If you have any questions about becoming a volunteer, you can send us a note to thecampng@gmail,com.
Thank you again for serving, and we can’t wait to see you at #TheCamp20
Bellow is Volunteer Interest Form